Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSE. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many students. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest for Software Engineering and to reduce some of the costs of the conference!
Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSE. They help with many things from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that are also interested in Software Engineering and to cover some of the costs of attending the conference!
This exclusive experience is available to both undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICSE 2020 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to be part of the ICSE 2020 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
- Registration duties (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register).
- Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
- Providing directions at the conference location.
- Checking badges at various halls including dining halls.
- Availability from May 23 – May 29, 2020 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre- and/or post-conference program. Not all volunteers will be required to work full time, and we can take this information into account during selection.
- Complimentary student registration to the main conference.
- Free ICSE 2020 Student Volunteer T-Shirt.
- A certificate of participation.
- Tickets for lunches during the main conference and the additional days when you will be volunteering, as well as for the ICSE 2020 social dinner and reception.
- A great opportunity to meet and talk about your research with leading researchers, both from academia and industry, and other students.
- Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days when you will be volunteering.
- Knowing that you played an important part in the success of the conference!
- Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
- Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Complete the online application form at https://forms.gle/XKb1ULWPkcUyjy1b8
- Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or another faculty member at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs (email@example.com; with the subject line “[ICSE2020SV] Reference for
”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us select you as a student volunteer.